Journey Studio is a new year-long program designed for students ages 13-18 who want more rigorous training in the theater arts. If you are considering pursuing theater as a career, or just want to push yourself to really grow in your skills and become a more well-rounded performer, then this program is for you. We’ll be kicking off Journey Studio with a Musical Theater class designed to challenge you in all areas of musical theatre: singing, dancing and acting. In this class you will get more personalized instruction and material to help you develop into a triple threat performer and prepare you for that musical theatre grind.
Our next set of Auditions for the Musical Theater Studio class will be on December 10, 2021 from 5-7pm. Email email@example.com to register for an audition spot and to request audition forms.
Please come prepared to dance promptly at 5pm. Following the dance audition you will be asked to sing a 16-bar cut of your choosing (with a backing track) and perform a 1 minute monologue. .
- $145 per month
- Monthly subscription payment will be due on the 15th of each month for the following month (Auto-pay available)
- $50 materials fee (includes a Journey Studio shirt and a book)
- $50 drop fee
- There will be no penalty or prorate for any missed classes.
- Subscription cancellations after the 15th of the month will be billed through the end of the following month.
- Mondays, 6 – 8:15pm
- September 13th through mid June.
- No class: December 20, December 27, April 4 or April 18 (may include others as per Journey show schedule).
- Winter Classes held at First Evangelical Church in Vancouver
There will be a year-end performance to showcase what students have been working on. This class will not perform at the regular session showcase.
Chelsea Nicole Lapp is an award-winning choreographer from San Diego who recently relocated to Vancouver. Having grown up in the theatre world since age 4, Chelsea has performed in over 80 shows and tour groups, and at the age of 14 began choreographing and teaching dance classes for a national children’s theatre company. Since 2007, Chelsea has choreographed both professional and non-professional shows all over the United States, as well as Uganda. Her training includes places like Broadway Dance Center in NYC and Academy of Performing Arts in San Diego, she is also an alumnus of the Pulse Teacher Workshop and the Stage Door Connections Workshop with Andy Blankenbuehler. Chelsea is a recipient of the Portland Area Musical Theatre Award, Inland Theatre League, National Youth Arts, and Director’s Choice Award.
Monday Classes List - 2021/2022